FALL BREAK THIS WEEKEND!
NO SCHOOL – Friday, October 18 – Monday, October 21
Open House & Book Parade
Tomorrow night, Tuesday, October 15th at 7:00 p.m.
- Doors unlock at 6:30 p.m.
- PS-3rd grade students should be in their classroom in costume by 6:45.
- Parents find seats in the Worship Center.
- Each class sits together for Book Parade.
- After the parade, parents should return to the classroom to pick up their children, visit the teacher, and sign up for conferences.
Brownies! Brownies! Brownies! – The fourth grade class will be selling brownies during Open House. Stop by to pick yours up!
PREVIEW DAY is Wednesday, October 23rd – In your student’s Monday folder there are five Preview Day cards. Your student should write their name on each card in the spot provided and then pass the cards out to five different people. On Preview Day if a card is brought in by a prospective TOL family taking a tour, the name of the student on the card will receive a big candy bar from Mrs. Seevers.
SCHOOL CALENDAR – All events, field trips and important information are posted on the school calendar on the Tree of Life website. There are three campuses so make sure to look for events that are marked “DUB” so you know it pertains to our location.
- 10/15: Open House/Book Parade (7:00-8:30 p.m.)
- 10/17: Picture Retake Day
- 10/18: Teacher In-Service Day (NO SCHOOL)
- 10/21: Fall Break (NO SCHOOL)
- 10/23: Preview Day (2:00-7:00 p.m.)
- 10/28: Report Cards go home
- 10/28-10/31: Book Fair in the library
Relational connectedness is expressed in the heart. Acts 4:32 says that the early disciples were “one in heart and mind”. Jonathan’s armor-bearer expressed unity with his boss by saying, ” Do all that you have in mind… I am with your heart and soul.” (1 Samuel 14:7). Your enjoyment of your kids creates connectedness that runs deep. With all the challenges of family life, close relationships help ease the tension. That’s why 1 Peter 4:8 says, “Love covers over a multitude of sins”. When we come to the conclusion that changes need to take place in our child and that it’s time to put our foot down because you just can’t live this way anymore, think relationship first. Children can only take as much pressure as the relationship allows. Folly is bound up in the heart of a child, but the rod of discipline drives it far from him. Proverbs 22:15 The Christian Parenting Handbook by Dr.Scott Turansky